Tuesday, August 12, 2008

South Park: The Complete Eleventh Season


The perfect review will tell you about the video/audio transfer and comment on the special features instead of review the quality of the show.

This is not the perfect review. The 3-Star rating represents a combination of show quality and DVD value. (show = 5stars; DVD value = 0stars) While I still enjoy the show, I am thoroughly dismayed by the outrageous asking price. As of this review, the DVD set is priced at $35. While this would be appropraite for a regular network season (22-27 episodes) it is absolutely unabashed greed to expect it for a mere 12 episodes. Judging past SP DVDs, the provided "special features" are not nearly as entertaining as the show and could easily be ignored.

I have no commentary for the creators, who decided to only produce a fistful of episodes each year. I understand laziness and I say, "More power to them." But to ask full price for a season while only providing the equivalent of half-a-season is an anti-social slap in the face. Seeing this attempted fleecing solidifies, for me, the need for illegal file sharing.

South Park is a very intelligent show--satiring everybody and everything--but they insult me with this exhorbident price. As much as I laugh watching their clever parodies, the amount of entertainment in each episode, let alone the whole 13, does not justify $35. I highly recommend waiting until the price becomes reasonable ... say, $15-17.
by : N. Durham "Big Evil"

No comments: